Job Description: GVED ASAs handle prosecution of all aspects of non-fatal shooting and firearm cases. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing strategies and theories for effective case prosecution
- Identifying legal issues; researching relevant case law and statutes for applicability to varying raised legal issues
- Handling pre-trial motions and all aspects of trial preparation and execution
- Interviewing victims and witnesses
- Regular collaboration with BPD officers
- Drafting and preparation of a variety of legal documents, including, but not limited to, briefs, motions, subpoenas, and legal memoranda
- Performance of related work as required
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, a team player, and possess the ability to work in a high-pressure environment. Demonstrated interest and background in prosecuting crimes of violence are strongly preferred. The ability to work independently and prior jury trial experience to verdict are required. Applicants must possess at least three (3) years of prosecutorial experience.
Salary: $74,943- $119,750 commensurate with experience, in addition to a competitive benefits package.
Interested persons should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line reference of “GVED-ASA”.
THE OFFICE OF THE STATE’S ATTORNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.