The Office of the State’s Attorney is seeking to fill the position of Deputy Division Chief of the Misdemeanor Jury Trial Unit. The Misdemeanor Jury Trial Unit prosecutes all misdemeanors that are either prayed or appealed from District Court. The Deputy Division Chief directly assists the unit Chief in supervising 12 attorneys and three staff members.
This position requires:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of criminal law, including court procedures, legal writing and research, and advanced trial advocacy;
- Significant jury trial experience;
- Substantial 4th Amendment practice;
- Ability to lead, teach, train and supervise ASAs with high volume caseloads in Circuit Court;
- Ability to provide prompt and accurate legal and practical guidance to law enforcement and external allied partners;
- Attend and actively participate in various meetings with external partners on behalf of the State’s Attorney;
- Participation in Community Engagement Initiatives; and
- Performance of related work as required.
Juris Doctor and Maryland bar admission is required. Prior prosecution jury trial experience is required. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to work independently and will be highly organized.
$74,943 - $119,750 commensurate with experience + comprehensive benefits package.
All interested persons should email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Deputy Division Chief – Misdemeanor Jury Trial Unit as the subject reference of your email. Documents must be in PDF or Word format.
THE OFFICE OF THE STATE’S ATTORNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.