This position requires:
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of law, including court procedures and legal research methods and sources;
2. Ability to handle a high volume court docket involving a variety of complex cases effectively;
3. Ability to interview victims and witnesses to gather information, research relevant case law and codes for applicability to varying legal issues, determine appropriate sentence recommendations and guidelines, and to develop strategies and theories for effective case prosecution;
4. Drafting and preparation of a variety of legal documents, including but not limited to briefs, motions and legal memoranda; and
5. Coordination with other City and State agencies that provide assistance, protection and services to victims and witnesses;
Demonstrated interest and background in these cases, highly organized, ability to work independently. The ability to work in a high-pressured environment while working as part of a team is essential.
$72,033 - $115,100 + comprehensive benefits package
All interested persons should email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on August 11, 2021. Please use General Felony Assistant State’s Attorney as the subject reference of your email. Documents must be in pdf or Word format.
THE OFFICE OF THE STATE’S ATTORNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER