The Administrative Assistant will:
- Welcome and assist visitors
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide information regarding scheduled trial dates and attorneys handling cases.
- Assist attorneys as with organizing and maintaining trial files; gathering evidence/ records and submitting documents to the court.
- Perform clerical work including but not limited to archiving closed files, accepting, receiving and drafting correspondence, motions and indictments.
- Additional duties as requested.
Applicants should possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to meet deadlines and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Applicants should also possess the ability to work in a high volume environment. Selected candidates will be subject to drug and alcohol testing and a criminal background check before starting employment.
$35,168 starting salary plus benefits
Interested persons should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by the close of business March 6, 2020. Consideration of resumes will begin immediately. Please use “Administrative Assistant MIU Circuit Court” as the subject reference of your email and cover letter. Documents must be in PDF or Word format.
THE OFFICE OF THE STATE’S ATTORNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.